Friday, January 21, 2011

Life update

So I'm not so good with this updating business . . .
I procrastinate with this, like other things like cleaning my apartment.

But life has been good. The Jets beat the Patriots on Sunday!! Prob the most awesome game ever! It honestly felt as good as winning the Superbowl already! We still have to play the Steelers to make it in, but now anything seems possible. The Patriots are our biggest rivals, so it was just awesome to beat them, especially after losing 45-3 last time. I'll be going home on Sunday to watch the game with my dad. If the Jets make it, I know that's the place I want to be . . . with my dad, the world's biggest and craziest Jet fan. He has Superbowl tickets contingent on the Jets making it, so I would not be able to celebrate with him then. It's been very exciting to follow the predictions for all the games, not that they mean anything. People still like to mock the Jets, but part of me likes it that way. Reminds me of the old days, pushes the fair weather fans away a little bit.

In other news, Nutrisystem has been working really well. I have to keep my mind on what goes into my mouth. Sometimes I get cravings, but it's been easier to push them aside. I've lost about 10 pounds now, which has been really amazing. I don't feel that different, but some of my pants don't fit, and I can now fit into pants that had grown tight on me. It's pretty awesome. I have to keep reminding myself that I will need to maintain this once I reach my ideal, and not resort back to my old portions. But now it feels good. Mom keeps telling me how proud she is, then lol she always manages to ask about Jdate, which is going no where right now. That's okay though.

It's been having Natalie, my college friend, living in Philly here. She came out for my med school friend Melissa's birthday on Saturday. I think she's getting used to my friends here, and their vulgarities. I get nervous that they can scare people away, or at least frighten them at first, but it's been pretty good. They make me laugh and happy so it's all that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment